In a letter sent to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) on Wednesday, Governor Baker, Attorney General Healey, Senate President Stan Rosenberg, and a long list of state and federal legislators have urged the NRC to hold a public hearing to discuss the status of the Pilgrim Nuclear Power Station in Plymouth and to address the ongoing inspection, the recently disclosed internal email, and recent valve leaks and related shutdown that occurred in December. The Plymouth Board of Selectmen recently made a similar request.
Read more about the letter below:
- Officials want public meeting over Pilgrim Power Plant safety, Boston Globe
- State, federal officials press NRC on Pilgrim safety, Cape Cod Times
- PILGRIM STATION: Massachusetts officials call on NRC to address nuclear plant concerns, WickedLocal.com
- Press Release: AG Healey Calls on Nuclear Regulatory Commission to Address Safety Concerns at Pilgrim Nuclear Power Plant, mass.gov
- PILGRIM STATION: Massachusetts officials call on NRC to address nuclear plant concerns, Patriot Ledger