- WHAT: Public Discussion and Forum on the proposed plan to shutdown Pilgrim Nuclear Power Plant; the effectiveness and risks of this plan; and public input on impact of this process.
- WHEN: July 13, 2016 at 7:00 PM
- WHERE: The Truro Community Center, 7 Standish Way, Truro
- WHO: Featured speakers are Diane Turco, activist and founder of Cape Downwinders and Seth Rolbein, Advisor to Sen. Dan Wolf.
- WHY: After years of concerted activism by many on the Cape, South Shore and other parts of Massachusetts, the Pilgrim Nuclear Power Plan will be closed. Entergy, the company that operates Pilgrim, has announced its intention to the close the Pilgrim Nuclear Power station in Plymouth in 2019. Closing a nuclear facility is a complex process requiring planning, safeguards, and public awareness in order to ensure it is safely and properly done.
- What should citizens know about the decommissioning process?
- Are we at greater risk over the next few years?
- Will the citizens of Massachusetts get stuck with the bill for the clean up and storage of radioactive waste when Entergy walks away?
- What can we do to ensure a safe shut down?
All are welcome! Please join the Truro Democratic Committee on July 13th at 7pm at the Truro Community Center for a presentation and discussion of these important issues.
Contact James Rudd : 508 487 9243